Where to begin. Like every human being, I’m complicated and life is complex.
I’m a list person. Here is my list.
- Identify as female
- Have wisdom gained over more than half a century
- Will no longer be placed in a box (I have various roles as is the case with everyone and those can and do change)
- Multipassionate (currently: reading, writing, crafting, furniture restoration – it changes a lot as a new shiny thing catches my attention)
- Climate change and minimising waste advocate – not perfect, but trying my damn best
- Recent vegetarian
- Wannabe bohemian hippie who travels the world, writing.
- Adult child of an alcoholic
- Survivor of childhood developmental trauma
- Recovering alcoholic
- Recovering codependent
- Large bodied – supporter of the body positivity and Health At Every Size movement
- Sufferer of Androgenetic Alopecia, wig wearer (and I love that wig so much!!)
- Attempting to walk away from being so political (I’m losing the battle)
- Advocate of kindness (Just be freaking kind!)
- Craver of a more simple life
- Aesthetics are everything
- Writing is breathing
This space exists for me to explore parts of myself long since lost to me. Trauma does that to a person. But it isn’t just about the misery. It is also about finding the light, the joy and the simple. After a life time of chaos, I desperately need the simple.
I’m hope to write every day. I can’t promise that though because, well, life. Sometimes it just gets in the way.
What I can promise in this space is writing that is true to who I am. No masks. No pretending. This is raw, unadulterated, unedited, unsilenced Sarah.
I truly hope you find some inspiration to find your truth too. I wish that for you more than anything.